Finding their next leader to change the marketing model
Executive Search for a Large, Public CPG
This large CPG’s vision, selection, and customer service serve as shining examples to everyone else in the industry with over 570 company-owned stores throughout the United States, direct marketing operations and via their website. Experiencing significant growth, they wanted to make a bold step with their next leader to take their business to the next level.
The company needed a partner that could come in and understand the culture, challenges and overall business strategy quickly in order to help them succeed in finding a permanent candidate for this position. Fahren needed to be able to articulate the company’s direction, mission, vision and successes over the past 5 years in order to set a path to success for creating the role, finding the best candidate and being able to articulate and sell candidates on the opportunity.
Client Collaboration to Understanding Culture & Vision
- We met with the client leadership team and toured their headquarters and stores. This allowed us to see the innovation first hand, get a good understanding of the culture and passion of the people, and see how they interact with the customers to fully grasp the entire customer journey process.
Defining the Role & Setting a Recruiting Plan
- Working with the client’s key stakeholders, we were able to define the job and understand the challenges unique to their organization and this new role. Using a mix of our global networks, technology, and good old fashioned hard work, we sourced and screened potential candidates nationwide that have been previously doing bold work in the consumer space.
Interviewing & Onboarding
- Fahren developed several qualified and interested candidates, one of whom the interviewing leader stated was one of his Top 10 interviews in his over twelve years with the company. With the client choosing this individual as their final candidate, Fahren collaborated with the CPG brand to create a smooth onboarding experience. This allowed the candidate to solidify her decision with confidence in accepting the newly created position of Senior Director of Media Strategy, which has the potential to grow into a Vice President role within the organization.
- Original position was Director – hired Sr. Director
- Final candidate was one of the Top 10 interviews hiring leader had interviewed in his 12 years with the company.
- Hired locally
- Candidate is thought of as potential successor to the VP
Let’s discuss the next step in your digital journey